Thursday, April 29, 2010

Book Review: Age group 5 - 7

Picture book for ages five to seven. "Nice Try, Tooth Fairy," by Mary W. Olson. Illustrated by Katherine Tillotson. I liked the pictures, but I was rather confused with the story the first time around. The confusion had to do with the written letters to the tooth fairy. I had to read them twice to follow the story correctly. Which makes me wonder if a child would have the same problem. Due to this I would not buy this book, but it's worth a check out from the library. But the basis plot idea is good.
The story basically goes like this, a little girl wants her tooth back from the tooth fairy to show her grandfather, but she ends up with other teeth instead (a hippo and an elephant). She finally gets her own tooth back to show her grandfather.