Monday, July 20, 2009

Swimsuit and Pool Tip

Summer is here and in full swing. Did I buy a new bathing suit this season? No, I'm cheap. Besides, why should I? My swimsuit has lasted quite awhile. Why? I take it off as soon as possible after swimming in a pool and rinse it out in cold water. Chlorine can be harsh on a swimsuit and fade it. If chorine is harsh on swimsuits think how harsh it can be on your children's skin! Have them rinse off immediately after swimming in a chlorinated pool. And remember put sunscreen on your children, even if they're in the pool and it is overcast. For sensitive children you can have them wear a light colored T-shirt over their swimsuit. After showering have them pat themselves dry. But have them keep a little water on their arms and legs. They should mix lotion with the water on their skin and then rub in. This will help to prevent dry skin.