Friday, October 15, 2010

Fall Dog Tip

I decided to put this in since I've had problems with walnut shells, pine cones pieces and those small pointy balls that fall off branches. Squirrels not only like to chew on cones for seeds, but they break open walnuts. They litter sidewalks with walnut shells and pine cone pieces. My dog more than once has gotten cone pieces and walnut shells in her paws. If you walk your dog avoid them. It can really hurt if your dog gets one imbedded in his paw pad. And they can be sharp. If you see your dog suddenly walking slowly or different check ALL his or her paw pads. This brings me to those small pointy balls that fall off trees. A Vet told me to avoid these trees when they are losing their balls. They can really hurt a dog's pad. If your dog steps on one the points can get stuck in their paw pad. If so a tweezer might have to be used to get the tiny points out.