Friday, February 12, 2010

Movie Review

Movie Title: Doctor Dolittle. Based on the children's book by Hugh Lofting. There are two versions I know of. I prefer the earlier version. Rated G. The plot revolves around a doctor who talks to animals. After I saw this movie it made me think just what would my dog tell me if she could talk? Probably that she wants a better brand of dog food. And more dog treats. This movie explores things that are extraordinary. It broadens your creative mind by thinking about what if?

Synopsis: English doctor, Dr. Dolittle gets along better with animals than humans. He has a knack for learning their languages. With a boy and woman in tow he sets off to find the Great Pink Sea snail. These three heroic adventurers get captured by tribesmen who live on an island which is half of a whole one. (Later the two halfs connect.)