Saturday, January 29, 2011

When to Vacume up Potted Soil on Carpets

If your kids (or dog) has gotten wet planter soil on your carpet: First, if you have kids or dogs I highly recommend if you have wall to wall carpets to get them stain mastered. You still might have to clean up stains with a stain remover but it will be a lot easier. A friend recommended that with wet soil you should let it dry completely before vacuuming. If you don't you risk the soil smearing across the carpet, thus making it harder to get out. After her two puppies pulled a potted plant apart in her living room I was allowed to test this advice. I let most of the soil dry for 24 hours. The other soil I vacuumed up right away. My friend was right. The wet soil which was vacuumed up straight away smeared this way and that into the carpet. The soil needed to be removed with a cleaning agent. However, when I vacuumed the dry soil it did not stain the carpet.