Sunday, August 1, 2010

Movie Review

Movie Title: Marley and me. Rated PG. Based on a book of the same name. I saw the movie trailers. I thought the movie would be about the antics of a yellow lab. And it was. Somewhat. In reality it was about the life of a journalist and his family, and about their dog. I enjoyed the movie, but I expected more funny scenes with the dog. I have a yellow Labrador myself so I was really looking forward to this movie. I came out of the theater thinking it was cute, but it wasn't what I expected. Also, do note Marley dies in the end. My sister-in-law had two friends who saw the movie trailers. They thought, "This looks like a cute movie." So they took their young kids to see the movie. The kids loved Marley, but didn't like when he died. Two kids burst into tears days later thinking about his death. I can't honestly recommend this movie for very young kids. It's a family movie, but it's not made for kids. Older kids will think the bad behavior of Marley is funny, but the movie is not all about the life a naughty dog.